Monday, 21 October 2013

Filming Day - Take 1 - Evaluation

Over this week we have had some attempted shots of filming, however due to the availability of my cast member and the recent weather forecasts it has been difficult to arrange a date.

We attempted filming on the 20th Oct however the lighting was not very good in the videos we had taken, I aimed for my video to be shot in the evening as the sunset lighting would be interesting for the video, however this did not show up very well on the camera with using only 1 hot lap and a reflector. We then arranged to re-shoot on 24th Oct, in the daytime for the exterior shots, and on 25th for the interior shots.

20th October Filming day 1 example of footage:


To make it seem more like the video will be, I have edited it on iMovie it to make it black and white, and added the music. I also made this video slightly brighter than it was, using the white balance editing tool on iMovie, this making the video clearer. However in my next take of the footage I will be doing the white balance manually.
From this I have learnt that the use of lighting is highly important for making music videos and I will conduct more research into lighting and the positioning of the lighting.


The weather forecast for Thursday 24th Oct is:
The forecast for my second take of the music video looks good as the weather is quite consistent throughout the day being mostly sunny, as a result the natural lighting will be at is's peak.
This research is compulsory as I will also need to be aware of the changing weather conditions so that all of the shots are consistent. This will also make editing the video much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment