Music video & Digipak & Poster questionnaire (media students/target audience):
DIGIPAK
Name?
Age?
How often do you watch music videos?
How often of you buy cd/digipaks?
What were your initial thoughts of the video?
What do you like about the video and digipak?
What would you change about the video and digipak?
Do you think the cast member works well with the genre of music?
Suggested improvements?
Please copy and paste questions with your answers in the comments :) THANKS


Name?
ReplyDeleteKelly Maxwell
Age?
17
How often do you watch music videos?
Barely.
How often of you buy cd/digipaks?
Rarely.
What were your initial thoughts of the video?
Slow, and the storyline wasn't shown very well.
What do you like about the video and digipak?
They match, and they are suited for the style of music.
What would you change about the video and digipak?
More editing in the video, the digipak, a better, more clear font.
Do you think the cast member works well with the genre of music?
Not really, I think you needed someone a little more 'indie' maybe with a quiff in their hair or something!
Suggested improvements?
more editing needed! :):)
Name?
ReplyDeleteIsabelle Zanker
Age? 18
How often do you watch music videos?
Not very often
How often do you buy CD/ Digipaks?
Sometimes
What were your initial thoughts of the video?
I feel that the storyline was unclear at the beginning but towards the end it became more apparent.
What do you like about the video and digipak?
I think that they are shown to match well as the images from the video are put on to the digipak.
What would you change about the video and digipak?
For the digipak I feel as though the font on it didn't really go with the style of the digipak and possibly using a similar font to the one which was used on the video would make it a lot neater. For the video I feel that some of the lip syncing was out so that could have been a bit tighter.
Do you think the cast member works well with the genre of music?
I think that the cast member does work well with the video because of the style of dress and the quirkiness.
Suggested improvements?
I feel that the lip syncing needed to be tighter.
Name?
ReplyDeleteJess Greenfield
Age?
17
How often do you watch music videos?
Occasionally
How often of you buy cd/digipaks?
Hardly ever, purchase music on iTunes
What were your initial thoughts of the video?
It was good, i quite like the concept that you have going, however there are slight issues with continuity and lip-syncing.
What do you like about the video and digipak?
The photography/artwork is really good, has a nice colour palette.
What would you change about the video and digipak?
For the video I don't think you should edit in black and white, as the video quality s reduced quite a bit. The digipak could use a change in font, slightly less harsh than black on the background.
Suggested improvements?
I agree with Izzy, the lip syncing needs to be improved. Also some of the shots seem too long and could be edited out.
Name? Phoebe Peberdy
ReplyDeleteAge? 17
How often do you watch music videos? On occasion
How often of you buy cd/digipaks? Very rarely, usually download music.
What were your initial thoughts of the video? I liked the use of black and white imagery but felt that you should have kept this permanent throughout, including the scene with the fireworks. The 'narrative' was difficult to follow and scenes appeared disjointed: for example the fact that he was walking beside the train tracks, then in the bathroom mirror, then the fireworks and then the 'drowning' scene at the end.
What do you like about the video and digipak? I thought that some of the shots in the video were interestingly framed and, as mentioned before, liked the use of b&w. I like the imagery featured on the digipak and the distorted effect used.
What would you change about the video and digipak? I, personally, don't like the font used and felt that you could have chosen one which looked a bit more sophisticated. Some of the shots in the video were too long and I think you should have filmed more content.
Do you think the cast member works well with the genre of music? As the genre is electronic rock I think that the boy used in the video looks maybe a bit too generic and it would have been effective with someone more eccentric. His lip syncing wasn't that convincing but he appeared confident in the video.
Suggested improvements? The things I have previously mentioned about continuity, keeping the black and white permanent throughout and the lip syncing all apply. I don't think that the fireworks should have been included as they seem detached from the video and almost like a 'filler'.